JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the general direction of the THPO, perform essential office and field duties as assigned. Generate written/verbal communications; maintain confidential files, records and reports; screen telephone inquiries and direct internal/external visitors. Provide technical support, utilizing a basic understanding of anthropological and archaeological field techniques in connection with locating, testing and evaluating cultural resource sites. Conduct field surveys using topographic maps, aerial photographs, and Trimble Global Positioning Satellite receivers. Provide technical support and conducts laboratory analysis when required. Proactive resolution and problem solving, make decisions and take action based on direction, previous experience and good judgment within guidelines. Must maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
Primary responsibilities are assisting the THPO in the following areas:
· Organize and prioritize, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision and multiple interruptions, exercise judgment and adapt instructions/directions from one assignment to another.
· Take verbal dictation (shorthand, speed notes) for written transcription.
- Attends meetings with Director or on behalf of Director and takes notes, prepares summary minutes and transcribes meetings.
· Type, proofread and word process a variety of documents including general correspondence, reports, letters, memoranda and forms from rough drafts or verbal instruction as assigned.
· Alphabetize, maintain, and input data into filing systems, including the Cultural Register.
- Schedules appointments, coordinates meetings, and makes travel arrangements as requested by Director.
- Coordinate and support other department personnel.
- Assist with review of projects for potential impacts to Historic Resources.
- Assist with preparation of maps, digitizing, interpretation and analysis of data in GIS.
· Research archival, Tribal and museum records. Search published and unpublished sources to complete processing, establish provenance, and answer inquiries, etc.
· Schedule and receive research visitors, answers letters, faxes, electronic and phone requests, and recording research inquiry statistics.
· Must comply with all applicable internal controls, standard operating procedures and Tribal Regulations. Documents and reports all exceptions/variations/deviations immediately upon awareness.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be a team player, must be honest and maintain a high level of integrity
· Assist with coordinating Historic Preservation Advisory Board meetings, scheduling, creating agenda, notetaking, taking minutes.
· Assist the department with curation according to 36 CFR Part 79.
· Archaeological fieldwork as assigned, including surveying, monitoring, testing, and excavation.
· Educational outreach.